Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Happenings...2013

Hand-carved nativity scene that was purchased in Israel in 2005 by my hubby
Many interesting happenings this Christmas season...Nativity VBS, Ice, and many re-scheduled events! The first weekend of December had the snow in southern and eastern OK and severely cold temps here in central OK. The third weekend found central OK under a thick blanket of glistening, sparkly ice! It came in the form of noisy, ping-ping rain, pelting on our porch, power lines and windows.



Frozen tree in my backyard...hanging heavy with a load of ice





My son's truck covered with several layers of ice.
 

The ice had a way of stopping the Christmas season here in north central Oklahoma! All sorts of events, including the Christmas program at VWC found themselves rescheduled. A lesson I have learned through this weather is that everything will be okay; scheduled life can and will stop until God wills another above-freezing day!

The 2013 candy give-a-way boxes. They came with a cute red lid!


I spent quite a bit of time making candy this season! Candy-making is something my mom and I have traditionally done each Christmas as long as I can remember. I started the season by cooking for the Christmas Market and just continued cooking more and more candy. I enjoyed giving the majority of it away (in boxes purchased from the Hobbly place) and even managed to sell a portion of the fudge which was a continuation from the Market!







To finish this, I am trusting that you had a BLESSED Christmas season!




In the next few posts, I will be sharing news of my caramel success as well as this year's dramatic presentation at VWC! Stay tuned!





Be blessed...

             

Drink a LATTE of coffee....

                          


Try to bless a LATTE of people in 2014.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy to read your comments! I will try my hardest to respond to all comments! Have a blessed day!